Excellent and much-loved Series I 4.2 Roadster from long-term 18 year enthusiast ownership.
Subject to a full nut and bolt restoration and conversion to RHD in the 90’s and more recently a full engine rebuild and top quality respray in Carmen red. Plus black hardtop in excellent condition.
During my ownership the car has been meticulously maintained and has benefitted from a number of desirable – and reversible – upgrades to improve reliability and driveability. These include:
- Coopercraft front brake calipers with steel braided hoses and Harvey Bailey anti-roll bars
- Hayward and Scott 2 inch stainless exhaust manifolds and E Type Fabs stainless exhaust system
- 6 inch 72 spoke competition MWS chrome wire wheels wearing hardly used Blockley 185/15 tyres
- Fosseway Performance hi-flow aluminium radiator with electric fan and custom cowling
- 123 electronic ignition, hi-torque starter motor, spin-on oil filter, fast flow air filter
- Diff rebuild to 3.07 ratio (replacing the American spec 3.54)
- LED lights
- Inertia reel seat belts
Full engine rebuild 12,000 miles ago by Tom and Marcus Barclay. Balanced and including short skirt pistons and uprated Rob Beere oil pump (full spec available). Cylinder head refurbished by Chesman Motorsport with gas flowed ports and heavy duty springs (full spec available).
Full repaint in 2014 by the well-respected Thames Valley Repairs in Maidenhead, including brand new bonnet. Black mohair hood in good condition with no tears and clear rear screen.
The car drives exceptionally well and pulls very strongly thanks in part to the improved breathing. Paintwork and panel gaps are excellent. The engine bay is clean and smart but not ‘rebuild fresh’. Interior is a quite acceptable and could be improved for little cost.
Much enjoyed over the years for annual trips to Europe and UK adventures but sadly selling due to ill-health. Massive history file, Heritage Certificate, MOT to July 2021. Can be thoroughly inspected on my 4-post lift. Having carefully looked around at the current market place we think you will not find a better car to buy than this one. There is just a handful of Series One Roadsters for sale at the moment and they are all up for more money !!!!
Located South Bucks/Berks border. Please call Peter for more details and to view.